Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed
ALICE is a comprehensive research-driven initiative, led by United Way and Rutgers University. ALICE stands for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed.
ALICE represents the men and women of all ages and races who get up each day to go to work and yet have a difficult time affording the basics of housing, food, health care, child care, and transportation. This makes it difficult for many families to plan for the future or weather life’s changes and challenges. ALICE is your child care worker, mechanic, home health aide, store clerk, office assistant, and so many more -- all workers essential to you and to our community's success. The United Way ALICE Project is the term used to describe the umbrella of work to both reveal and address the needs of this population, a population and community issue that, before ALICE, was nameless and faceless.
National and local resources are listed below.
- ALICE in the News (statewide coverage of the Florida ALICE Report)
- 6 State Comparison (NJ, CT, IN, MI, CA, FL)
- Marketing and Communication
- Launch and PR Resources
- ALICE Marketing or Educational Materials
- National ALICE Marketing and PR
- Report and Data
- ALICE Committees - Steering and RAC
- New Jersey and Other States
- Additional Research